Harmonica, bandonion and tango Sounding valleys of the Vogtland
From Leipzig to Klingenthal and Bad Elster
Leipzig is a city of musical well-being. Johann Sebastian Bach worked here for decades as a composer, cantor and director of the Thomanerchor. Kapellmeister Felix Mendelsohn Bartholdy founded one of the most renowned music academies in Europe with the Gewandhaus Orchestra. And where did the instruments come from? Many from the Vogtland “Musikwinkel”.
During your day tour, visit some of the musical instrument manufacturers in Carlsfeld, Klingenthal and Markneukirchen. Carlsfeld still produces bandonions, which give Tango Argentino its distinctive sound. Klingenthal builds harmonicas and accordions for the whole world and in Markneukirchen you will find manufacturers of string and wind instruments. Depending on the day, we will visit 1 or 2 manufacturers. Furthermore, let us introduce you to the Vogtland Arena, a modern ski jump. And finally we enjoy the sophisticated spa Bad Elster.
Day trip to Vogtland
Program and highlights of the day tour to Vogtland
- Stopover in Chemnitz: Kaßberg Wilhelminian quarter, industrial culture
- Stopover in the bandonion village Carlsfeld
- In passing: German space exhibition in Morgenröthe-Rautenkranz
- Photo stop: ski jump Vogtland Arena in Klingenthal
- Visit to musical instrument manufacturer and collector in Klingenthal and Markneukirchen
- Mondänes Bad Elster at the end
Regular music events
- Harmonica Live in Klingenthal
- International instrumental competition in Markneukirchen
- Chursächische cultural events in Bad Elster
- Individual day trip in minibus up to 8 persons according to the program
- Accompaniment by certified tour guide
- Tour program (see above) with daily individual adaptation
- Suitability for wheelchair users (2 wheelchair places, boarding aids)
- doorstep pickup
- regional tastings
- 495,- € incl. VAT. Group price for 1 to 8 persons (minibus)
- all year round Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, immediately bookable
- other dates on request
Start and finish
- Start 9 am pickup from hotel or home in the area of Saxony (Chemnitz, Leipzig, Dresden, etc.) and also from the area of Halle, Gera or Jena.
- Finish 6 p.m. Arrival at pickup location or by appointment.
Number of participants
- up to 8 persons
- up to 2 wheelchair users
- up to 4 weeks before departure cancelable free of charge
- up to 24 hours before departure rebookable free of charge
- from 24 hours before departure cancellation fee 100% of the tour price
The day tour to Vogtland is suitable for you if you …
- are a guest in Leipzig and you would like to learn where orchestra instruments are built.
- always wanted to know where Sigmund Jähn, the first German in space, grew up.
- would like to look over the shoulder of a musical instrument maker from the Vogtland.
- prefer to buy musical instruments directly from the producer.
- would like to get to know the soul of Tango Argentino or simply a bandonion.
- not know what the Vogtland Arena is.
- would like to stroll once in Bad Elster.
- would like to experience live the Bohemian-Bavarian-Saxon-Thuringian way of life in the Vogtland.
- are open-minded for Vogtland tastings.
- … .
More tips and hints for the day trip to Klingenthal and Bad Elster.
For the most part, you will be transported by minibus. In Klingenthal, Markneukirchen and Bad Elster we also move on foot. However, depending on individual preference, you should not walk more than 3 to 4 km. Please make sure you wear clothing suitable for winter conditions.
Direct contact to the tour guide
Do you have questions about the tour or are you interested in an individual program? Then please click the button below. After complete input of your data you will receive an answer. There will be no extra costs.
You would like to book and pay the day tour by invoice? Then please click the button below. After complete entry of your data you will receive an invoice by mail. There will be no extra costs for you.
You would like to book and pay for the day tour online immediately? Then please click the button below. You will be redirected to the booking and payment partner Bookingkit. There will be no extra costs for you.